Fellowships from the Arts Foundation of Cape Cod (AFCC) exist to provide direct, unrestricted funding to Cape Cod artists in recognition of exceptional work and to foster the creation of new original work. The AFCC will award fellowship funding in the PERFORMING ARTS, VISUAL ARTS, and WRITTEN WORD.
January 2020- Online submissions open
April 30, 2020 ‐ Deadline for submissions
June 2020 ‐ Announcements made
To be eligible for the award, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- You must be 25 years or older and have been a legal resident of Cape Cod for the last two years. Legal residency should fulfill the criteria for a “full-year resident” as defined in the Massachusetts Tax Code.
- You must not be enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate degree program of any kind at the time of the application deadline.
- You must not have received an AFCC Fellowship in any discipline in the past two years.
- You must not be an AFCC employee, a member of the AFCC Board of Trustees or Artists' Advisory Committee, an immediate family member of any of the above, or an immediate family member of a panelist.
- Work that is interpreting or translating other artists’ work will not be considered.
There are two review requirements for the Artist Fellowships: artistic quality and creative ability as evidenced by the original work submitted. For all disciplines: Please submit an artist statement describing yourself and the work you would undertake if given a Fellowship.
For Performing Arts: Submit links for up to five sample(s) of your work. Panel review of work samples is anonymous, so neither your name, nor any information identifying commissions, awards, reviews, and/or presentations should appear within the work itself. Performance art may include dance, music, opera, theater and musical theater, spoken word, and other similar artistic activities.The following types of work will not be accepted: instructional or corporate work, news programming, infomercials, jingles, and promo/resume reels.
For Visual Arts: Upload five images in JPG format. The pixel dimension (horizontal or vertical) should be no smaller than 1920 pixels on the longest side of your image. The resolution size is a minimum of 72 ppi/dpi. Select the order of the images as you would like them to be reviewed. For each piece, please include the title, a description, its dimensions, and the medium used.Panel review of work samples is anonymous, so neither your name, nor any information identifying commissions, awards, reviews, and/or presentations should appear on the pieces submitted.
For Written Word: Submissions must be no greater than 30 pages. You may include a single work or up to four excerpts. Any additional pages will be discarded. If you choose to include a title page, character lists, or contents page, these will be included in the count. Panel review of work samples is anonymous, so neither your name, nor any information identifying commissions, awards, reviews, and/or presentations should appear on the submissions. Work samples must be formatted using standard formats, on 8 1/2" X 11" pages, typed in Times, Helvetica, or equivalent font using no smaller than 12 point size with pages numbered and labeled with the title at the top or bottom of every page.