Grants for organizations are open to either arts and cultural nonprofits, educational institutions, or social service agencies that provide cultural programming. Funding for organizations will be used for arts projects or programs with a priority on ones that fuel culture and innovation, drive economic growth, increase access to the arts, and strengthen involvement in the arts community.
The deadline to submit an application as an organization is Friday, March 8. The AFCC anticipates announcing awards in late March.
Please note, the Grants Review Committee will be evaluating each application based on this rubric (click here).
While the Board of Directors will consider a limited number of awards up to $10,000, grant size is generally limited to a range of $500 to $5,000.
All funding proposals will have to demonstrate a clear need within and an impact on the community.
This funding will not support:
- Costs incurred before the beginning or after the completion of the official period of performance.
- Fundraising efforts: Unfortunately, we cannot provide funding for your fundraising efforts or your creative efforts on behalf of another organization.
- For profit organizations/businesses
- Social activities such as receptions, parties, galas, community dinners, picnics, and potlucks
We qualify and prioritize funding criteria by confirming that the project, entity, or program aligns with the AFCC’s vision: a world that embraces and celebrates the arts and artists as an essential part of our lives and communities.
The Arts Foundation also prioritizes projects which fuel innovation, drive economic growth, and strengthen community and expand access to the arts for all.
- Innovation – Programs or projects that introduce new things and/or try new ideas, building off of what is known to benefit the community.
- Economic Growth – Creates greater opportunities for artists on the Cape, and the mission is supportive of the arts as an economic driver in the Cape community.
- Community – Expanding opportunities for arts access throughout the community while supporting cultural appreciation and inclusivity.
The AFCC takes equity factors into consideration in order to better support groups that have been disproportionately marginalized within our community.
- Clarity of goals and objectives of the proposed program or project.
- Reasonable budget projections, evidence of financial need, and other sources of support.
- What is the benefit to the Cape Cod community
- Potential for successful collaborative efforts and monetary or in-kind commitments from other sources.
Please note: Your budget must include all potential income and expenses. These two totals should equal one another.
Click through for the actual online application, but please read through this list before you begin. You will need to download the budget template and upload it with your application. This template may look familiar as we are utilizing the Cape Cod Foundation's budget template.
- Mailing Address
- Point of Contact Name
- Point of Contact Title
- Email Address
- Is your organization an Arts Foundation of Cape Cod member?
- What is your project or program name?
- Which category/categories does your proposal fall under?
- Please provide your mission statement.
- Please provide a short synopsis (2-3 sentences) of your proposal. Note this may be used in marketing materials if your request is funded.
- Please describe the project or program that you are seeking to fund.
- Does your project or program serve marginalized community members? If so, please describe.
- What towns will be served (with a checklist of all in Barnstable County).
- Number of people expected to serve.
- What is/are the goal(s) of your proposal?
- How will you measure success? How will you measure impact?
- Contingency: describe potential challenges to your proposed project and how you will overcome these.
- What is the timetable for your program? We cannot accept any applications for projects that plan to commence within 6 weeks of the grant deadline. We cannot fund projects that occur before the grant deadline or during the review process.
- Are you seeking funding and/or have you received funding from additional sources for this project or program? Please list. This is encouraged.
- How much are you asking the AFCC to fund?
- Optional: Please provide any additional details you think the Grant Review Committee should consider.
- Please complete budget template. What is the total cost of your project/program? Please include all income (including Arts Foundation grant request) and expenses as well as any matching funds or in-kind donations you may have acquired for this project. Please note: Your budget must include all potential income and expenses. As this is a project budget income and expenses must be equal.
- Please attach organization budget.