Provincetown Performing Arts Application for Funding
The Provincetown Performing Arts Fund (PPAF) strives to provide stability and life-saving support to our beloved community of performance artists who have been instrumental in making Provincetown a vibrant and diverse entertainment destination.
A Provincetown that supports its vibrant community of performance artists in order to encourage economic growth, build community and inspire creativity.
Who the PPAF Serves
The PPAF serves performance artists, musicians, theatre professionals, and technical production staff. PPAF strives to support those who earn their living within the performing arts as well as providing support for emerging artists committed to working and living in Provincetown. Performance Artists are an integral part of our community. These artists rely heavily on the already unpredictable ‘seasonal tourism’ for their income. Within the season they depend not only on tourism, but entertainment venues, bars, and most importantly social engagement in order to survive. It became apparent, especially during the Covid-19 crisis, that many of our local and treasured artists would suffer a staggering loss of income based on necessary social distancing guidelines. The PPAF was created to support these individuals whose contributions make up the fabric of our community.
PPAF Supports performing artists in the following ways:
The fund will provide up to $1,000 per applicant per calendar year to support full or part time professional performance artists who have lost income used to sustain their creative practice due to the Covid-19 crisis.
Some Examples of what qualify as an urgent need:
• Ferry Tickets
• Bus Tickets
• Necessary Performance Equipment
• Tools necessary to allow the artists to work
• i.e. Instrument and Equipment Repair/Maintenance
Documents needed - upload below:
- Proof of applicant’s primary residence in Provincetown (ex. tax/utility bill, car registration)
- One (1) jpg image, video or audio file of your work
- Brief artist statement, including its connection to broader community
Funding and Support
- Payments of up to $1,000 will be made to qualified applicants.
- An applicant may apply and receive funding more than once, but no more than one time per calendar year.
- Funds will be distributed starting end of September 2020 until funding runs out.
- Applications are reviewed weekly.
- Applicants will be notified of status within 10 business days.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis by PPAF's review committee and members of the AFCC Board of Directors, and are subject to approval and available funds.
Questions? Please email:
Arts Foundation of Cape Cod