Deck the Walls
Arts Foundation of Cape Cod
Small Works Auction
November 29 - December 13, 2021
Opening Reception December 4, 2021
Thank you for submitting artwork for this year’s Arts Foundation of Cape Cod (AFCC) silent online auction, Deck the Walls. The event will take place on our online auction platform, Bidsquare, which has a subscriber base of over 100,000 art lovers and buyers.
The show will also be exhibited in our Hyannis office, and will include an opening reception with our Patrons on Saturday, December 4th.
Proceeds from the auction benefit the mission of the AFCC to support, promote, and celebrate the arts and culture of Cape Cod in order to sustain a vibrant, diverse, and strong arts community.
As the challenges of COVID-19 continue to impact Cape Cod’s creative community, the AFCC remains committed to investing in funding that supports grants, fellowships, and scholarships to Cape Cod’s creative community; advocating for public policy development with local, state, and national legislators; and supporting Cape Cod’s artists and cultural organizations with the information and resources they need to reassess, rebuild, and plan for the future at this critical time.
Thank you for being a part of this event to support the arts on Cape Cod.
- Original works of art
- 2D, 18" x 18” or smaller (including frame)
- 3D, 18" x 18” x 24” or smaller
- All works must be ready to hang
Artwork Drop-off and Pick-up Guidelines:
- All artwork to be delivered to the AFCC by Wednesday, November 17th
- Address: 396 Main Street, Suite 10, Hyannis, 508-362-0066, ext. 112
- All unsold artwork to be picked up by January 14, 2022
- The only means to submit work is through our online form on Submittable.
- You can submit up to 3 pieces for auction consideration. An AFCC committee will review and make all selections.
Please include in your submission:
- One high resolution JPG image for each artwork that is 300ppi or larger and is at least 4”x6”, up to 300 dpi.
- Please attach a Word document that includes:
- A numbered image inventory noting title, media, and dimensions (H x W).
- Estimated value of artwork(s).
The low estimated value (which is also the opening bid price) will be 80% of estimated value unless other arrangements have been made with the artist. The high estimated value will be 150% of the estimated value.
- Reserve price, if required. (Reserve price is the minimum amount that you will accept as the winning bid.)
- Your email address, mailing address, and mobile phone number.
- A brief biography and artist statement. (*50 words or less).
- All submissions must represent the actual artwork as closely as possible.
- We are grateful for your consideration to donate 100% of your artwork sale proceeds to the AFCC so that we can continue to provide essential resources and support to Cape Cod’s creative community at this critical time. If you would like to receive a percentage of your artwork sales, the option of receiving 25% or 50% of sale proceeds is also available. Please note your choice on Submittable.
Notification of Sale of Artwork:
All artists will be notified by email the week of December 13th regarding the sale of their artwork. Artists with sold artwork will receive emailed notification with the purchaser’s address and sale price of artwork. Consignment checks will be mailed to the artist within 30 days.
Do you have questions? Please send us an email and we’ll get back to you!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Provincetown Performing Arts Fund (PPAF) strives to provide stability and life-saving support to our beloved community of performance artists who have been instrumental in making Provincetown a vibrant and diverse entertainment destination.
A Provincetown that supports its vibrant community of performance artists in order to encourage economic growth, build community and inspire creativity.
Who the PPAF Serves
The PPAF serves performance artists, musicians, theatre professionals, and technical production staff. PPAF strives to support those who earn their living within the performing arts as well as providing support for emerging artists committed to working and living in Provincetown. Performance Artists are an integral part of our community. These artists rely heavily on the already unpredictable ‘seasonal tourism’ for their income. Within the season they depend not only on tourism, but entertainment venues, bars, and most importantly social engagement in order to survive. It became apparent, especially during the Covid-19 crisis, that many of our local and treasured artists would suffer a staggering loss of income based on necessary social distancing guidelines. The PPAF was created to support these individuals whose contributions make up the fabric of our community.
PPAF Supports performing artists in the following ways:
The fund will provide up to $1,000 per applicant per calendar year to support full or part time professional performance artists who have lost income used to sustain their creative practice due to the Covid-19 crisis.
Some Examples of what qualify as an urgent need:
• Ferry Tickets
• Bus Tickets
• Necessary Performance Equipment
• Tools necessary to allow the artists to work
• i.e. Instrument and Equipment Repair/Maintenance
Documents needed - upload below:
- Proof of applicant’s primary residence in Provincetown (ex. tax/utility bill, car registration)
- One (1) jpg image, video or audio file of your work
- Brief artist statement, including its connection to broader community
Funding and Support
- Payments of up to $1,000 will be made to qualified applicants.
- An applicant may apply and receive funding more than once, but no more than one time per calendar year.
- Funds will be distributed starting end of September 2020 until funding runs out.
- Applications are reviewed weekly.
- Applicants will be notified of status within 10 business days.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis by PPAF's review committee and members of the AFCC Board of Directors, and are subject to approval and available funds.
Questions? Please email:
Arts Foundation of Cape Cod
Welcome to AFCC Access. This form is the first step in connecting a child in your life to quality arts programming here on Cape Cod. Your child or mentee must be associated with one our community partners: YMCA Achievers; Big Brothers, Big Sisters; Greater Hyannis Supporting Our Youth Task Force; Cape Cod Child Development; Grandparents Raising Grandchildren on Cape Cod; and Cape Cod Children’s Place.
The AFCC works with community partners who have systems in place for assessing financial need and will give preference to partners with mentor programs or committed leadership to create a successful match between student and cultural organization.
The cultural organization providing the programming will be paid directly, not through the student, his or her family, or any community partner. Funding may be available for additional expenses related to class and will be coordinated through the cultural organization.
The application will list our cultural organizations who are Arts Foundation members and are committed to providing quality arts programming to all kids on Cape Cod. Please review before filling out application.
Bass River Pottery www.bassriverpottery.com
Cape Cod Chamber Orchestra www.capecodchamberorchestra.org
Cape Cod Theater Company I Harwich Junior Theatre www.capecodtheatrecompany.org
Cape Cod Museum of Art www.ccmoa.org
Cotuit Center for the Arts www.artsonthecape.org
Cultural Center of Cape Cod www.cultural-center.org
Sandwich Arts Alliance www.sandwichartsalliance.org
Truro Center for the Arts at Castle Hill www.castlehill.org
Wellfleet Preservation Hall www.wellfleetpreservationhall.org
You will hear back from the Arts Foundation of Cape Cod in a timely fashion, within 5-10 days or sooner. Please don't hesitate to reach out with questions to Emma at email@example.com or (508) 362-0066 ext 115.
As a Fall 2019 grant recipient, we ask that you complete this form in its entirety.
Feel free to upload images or photographs that represent your program. We'd love to promote your work.
We are looking forward to hearing how the year went. Please be honest, you won't have to return the money. We want to know how we can better support you.
We understand that COVID-19 played a challenging role and could have interfered with your program timeline.